Wednesday, November 29, 2017

[californiadisasters] RIP Hotlist & Wildlandfire.com



I've noticed it and you've noticed it. Can't access the website and the forum tells you that you are in the queue but you can't ever get in..... this morning I Googled the phenomenon and found this thread:

  • 11/21/2017
  • The Brush Slasher
  • 397 views
  • 4 Comments

For last week I have been getting a vbulletin message saying your request queued up when I try to log on to the hotlist forum. I've emailed info@firewhat but haven't heard anything from them.

The views expressed are not those of this site, this blog or its affiliated companies. By posting your comments you agree to accept our terms of use.

4 Comments
  1. Dave
    November 21, 2017 Reply

    I dunno what the deal is. been the same story here. tried emailing firewhat, to no avail, as the first several wouldn't even send. hopefully it gets resolved.

  2. TFDFF
    November 24, 2017 Reply

    Hearing rumors that the parent company for this site has filed for bankruptcy and that this site is down indefinitely. I am trying to find out more but even as a Hotlist Mod, I haven't been told anything. Everything I have heard have been from previous "employees" on other social media sites.

  3. Gizmo719
    November 26, 2017 Reply

    I really hope we dont lose this resource for good

  4. Tony
    November 26, 2017 Reply

    I'm getting bits and pieces however it "sounds" as if the site is down for good unless someone else picks it up. Not sure that is possible at this point. It's a shame to lose such a valuable resource. Wish Original Ab would have kept it somehow. Wish they would put an informative type disclaimer at least on the domain letting everyone know what is going on and if the site will be back up again possibly in the future, but the things I'm hearing it doesn't sound good.



__._,_.___

Posted by: Kim Noyes <kimnoyes@gmail.com>


Be sure to check out our Links Section at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/californiadisasters/links
Please join our Discussion Group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/californiadisasters_discussion/ for topical but extended discussions started here or for less topical but nonetheless relevant messages.





__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment