Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Re: [californiadisasters] Yahoo Groups Used To Rock, But Now It Sucks



I'm in California and was the owner of approximately 8-10 yahoogroups which were for my ham club, CERT, and my hobbies. Last month Yahoo mail transferred my mail to AOL and deleted ALL my yahoogroups. This happened in 3 states. Look out. Yours is coming. SAVE all your files, archived data, photos, rosters, etc. you want because they will all BE GONE and I can't get any of it back.
I can still email to the group but cannot manage it (accept new members, edit anything, etc.)
 
Ed Greany
crest25@verizon.net
 
 
-----Original Message-----
From: Kim Noyes kimnoyes@gmail.com [californiadisasters] <californiadisasters@yahoogroups.com>
To: CaliforniaDisasters <californiadisasters@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tue, Apr 26, 2016 8:24 am
Subject: [californiadisasters] Yahoo Groups Used To Rock, But Now It Sucks

 
The automatic event feature of Yahoo Groups has failed once again as yesterday's 1992 Cape Mendocino Earthquake Anniversary Reminder failed to automatically post.... this has been happening a lot this year.... why does Yahoo even bother to offer a feature that it does not care about and seems to have abandoned? Ten years ago Yahoo Groups was awesome and much more user-friendly and the groups were much more lively..... I wonder how much longer this platform will last? Five years? Ten years?

Virus-free. www.avast.com


__._,_.___

Posted by: Ed Greany <crest25@verizon.net>


Be sure to check out our Links Section at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/californiadisasters/links
Please join our Discussion Group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/californiadisasters_discussion/ for topical but extended discussions started here or for less topical but nonetheless relevant messages.





__,_._,___

1 comment:

  1. Hello to every one, as I am actually keen of reading this website’s post to be updated on a regular basis.
    It consists of pleasant stuff. Yahoo Groups My

    ReplyDelete