Monday, February 22, 2016

Re: [californiadisasters] Re: [allthingshistory] R.I.P. Lin's Dad





God Bless you dear Lin. 
Thank you for letting us know about the service.  Brought back so many memories of my Dad WWII Marines paratrooper into Iwo Jima.
Prayers coming dear that each day is filled with precious memories to ease the pain.
Marilyn
 
To everyone who has offered me such kind condolences, thank you for thinking of me and my dad. The outpouring of support has been a truly humbling experience and has help so much to soften the blow of my dad's departure. I think that we could not have had a better service today. Dad had the US Army present, the VFW, and the VA adminstration present. There was an armed salute at the cemetery, Taps was played, and I was presented with the flag that draped my dad's coffin. It was a fitting tribute to one of the last WWII vets in the area. I'm proud of my dad and his service to his country and his community. And I'm grateful for my wonderful community of support.

Lin

On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 10:47 PM, Kim Noyes kimnoyes@gmail.com [allthingshistory] <allthingshistory@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 
Achtung Gruppes!

Our very own Lin has lost her dad this afternoon to a stroke he suffered a number of days ago.

I am sharing this with you with her permission as she wants you to know why she will be not as involved here for a bit.

She must take care of a myriad of things given she was an only child and she is the last of the Mohicans in her family.

Please pray for her strength and comfort of mind.

Kimmer

This email has been sent from a virus-free computer protected by Avast.
www.avast.com



--




__._,_.___

Posted by: Marilyn Sass <paws_sassy@yahoo.com>


Be sure to check out our Links Section at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/californiadisasters/links
Please join our Discussion Group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/californiadisasters_discussion/ for topical but extended discussions started here or for less topical but nonetheless relevant messages.





__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment