Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Re: [Geology2] How to make a new home page image



Wow. I'm duly impressed. Btw, I am female. Lin is short for Linda, which I disdain and unless you want to piss me off, don't call me that. LOLOL  But I admire your sense of adventure and I can't even begin to imagine what all you've seen and experienced. I've spent most of my life in school, either taking courses or teaching them. I've also spent a large amount of time in nature, but mostly in Tennessee and Southern California. After gaining a degree in Biology, I became a herpetologist and was happy with that role for about 10 years, but although I taught the paleo program at Coon Creek Science Center in West Tennessee, I was bowled over by the many geological formations in SoCal. At Cal State Fullerton, I began a Geology degree, but alas, did not get to finish it due to family circumstances. I returned to Tennessee and finding no courses here in vulcanology, I simply opted to complete an MA in English because I wanted to learn how to write well. I taught English comp to incoming freshmen for a while and really found it rewarding. I was accepted into the PhD program at University of Memphis and almost made it until narcolepsy stopped the bus once and for all.

I still spend a great deal of time learning, and I am a penguin, wolf, and big cat advocate. My work with the latter three categories (pun intended) keeps me going... that and my 8 cats and a chihuahua. Smile. I've written one book and I'm working on another. I've been told I'm a polymath. Who knows...

Happy New Year Everyone,

Lin



On Tue, Dec 31, 2013 at 10:08 PM, <cgptsnaz@yahoo.com> wrote:
 

Just curious Lin, are you a woman or man? I am not familiar with the name Lin so I am not sure. I am guessing woman but unsure, not that it matters but?

 Where do you live, I live near Zion, Bryce and the Grand Canyon Nat Parks, in the middle between them at the southwest edge of the Grand Staircase Nat Monument. In a small community of 500 people and am a cook for a local business.

I am 58 (in January) and have been an adventure traveler for almost 40 years. I travel by bicycle and backpack, never driven a motor vehicle since I was 16 in 1972 when I had a moped. I have been to and traveled all over the USA mainland including Alaska.  I have bicycle toured for 31 years traveling about 5000 miles a year and have done many multi night backpacking trips as well. I have lived outdoors about 276 days a year since 1982.

I worked from 1982 to 2009 in Jackson WY as I mentioned before during the summers and then took September to May off on my adventure travels. I am currently work for the next 9 months to take off a couple years in late 2014 to mid 2016 to just travel by bike,foot and train. 




--


__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment