Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Re: [Geology2] How to make a new home page image



No, unfortunately, I haven't uploaded my 11 rolls of film of my summer at Yellowstone, so I borrowed that image. I understand your love for the area, as I found the entire experience beyond my wildest imaginings. To top off the summer, we went camping at Craters of the Moon, Idaho, so I had a first hand opp to see the hot spot trail leading up to its current position. I saw so many geological features I never dreamed that I would ever see. While my friends were oohing and ahing over the waterfalls and mountains of rhyolite, I was noting the extent of past eruptions, areas of glaciation, and the cyanobacteria in the geyser pools. Once a geek, forever a geek. lol

Despite my penchant for watching anything blow up (in nature, mind), Yellowstone is one place I hope never pops its proverbial cork again. The natural history and geological record is so rich that one could spend several lifetimes deciphering its processes.

Lin




On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 5:27 PM, <cgptsnaz@yahoo.com> wrote:
 

Your welcome! Did you take the picture of the Yellowstone Hot Springs? I lived in Jackson Hole near the Grand Tetons for 30+ summers and visited Yellowstone many times.




--


__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment