Monday, May 27, 2013

Re: [californiadisasters] Memorial Day: Off-Topic

Thank you for sharing your heart, Wayne.  These are the kinds of memories that make Memorial Day a memorial.
Cindy

Cindy Harris & Doug Fieg
Alpacas at Windy Hill
"Alpaca Ownership with a Safety Net"
7660 Bradley Rd. Somis, CA 93066
(805) 907-5162
Read our BLOG
 





On May 27, 2013, at 3:31 PM, KB6UJW BARRINGER Wayne wrote:

 

This morning my wife and I went to breakfast at 0615 over in Anaheim in
advance of our drive to Riverside National Cemetery.

It was an absolutely beautiful morning, and we arrived shortly before
the RNC scheduled opening at 0800. The gates were already open.

It was the perfect day. Not too hot and not too cold, yet early enough
for some privacy before the arrival of West Coast Thunder out of
Riverside City.

We spent the next two hours visiting "friends" and trying to keep the
fading memories alive. I have more friends inside RNC than I do on the
outside. I've never been able to change that.

It's too bad more people don't visit and pay their respects. We took
over lots of flags with us...yet even if we had a 1000's more, there
will still be some graves left without recognition, respect and honor.

If you want to witness many deeply private moments as family and friends
pay their respects...go early (next year), so you can spent time and
perhaps look at the names, the dates, and the history.

Then we returned home and I called Johnny Frank down in Gulfport, MS.
It is because of him I came home from RVN. He is the closest thing I
have to a friend in the entire world. We were both Marines.

I'm sorry to take up your time, but thanks for letting me get this off
my chest.

Be safe. Get prepared. Stay ready.

-- Wb sends.

____________________

Wayne Barringer KB6UJW
MGySgt, USMC (Retired)
RVN 68-69/69-70, DS/DD 91-92

###


No comments:

Post a Comment