Wednesday, September 19, 2012

RE: [Geology2] Alaska Geography [1 Attachment]

[Attachment(s) from Rick Bates included below]

The cleaning will be the biggest issue.  Apparently I’m bringing Alaska home with me.  There is glacial flour dust, some dirt and dog hair that will be the hardest to remove plus it needs a good airing and drying out (damp here, it’s been a wet summer).  I have a carpet cleaner.  We picked up a ‘new’ dog along the way (a rescue from Homer) so there is double dog hair (they only shed from July to June).  I’m sure that the house will be in need too when I get home, the spiders like to keep busy.

 

The image processing will take some days; the trailer repairs (and servicing) will be shop done and the web site rebuild/update will likely be a winter project (if I don’t head down to Arizona for some warmth instead).  Obviously the site hasn’t been a high concern since I haven’t been back to Hawaii in 18 months now and little is posted from then.  I miss Hawaii.  :o(

 

Once the trailer is done, the BIG temptation is to simply say “screw it” and head out again.  The trailer is easier to take care of than the house, but neither is too bad.  I like life on the road; if you don’t like the window view; change it.

 

A picture of the trailer is attached (at Kitwanga, BC the start of the Cassiar Highway); it is 33.5’ long.  2 BR, 2 BA, 3 slide outs.  Nice to live in, but a PITA to move around.  I had to BACK it down a CURVED ramp to get onto one of the ferries; I have some selected adjectives for the [REDACTED] that designed THAT ramp.  I don’t drink, but I sure was tempted after that much ‘fun’.

 

Rick

 


From: allison.ann@att.net

Sounds like you will be busy for a while! Allison


Attachment(s) from Rick Bates

1 of 1 Photo(s)


__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment